CHOCO PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
CHOC PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
Soft and fluffy ultra moist chocolate banana bread with swirls of peanut butter, covered in chocolate chips that melt inside.
- PREP TIME 10 min
- COOK TIME 40-50 min
- TOTAL TIME 60 min
- SERVES 6 People
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 2 tbsp flax egg (2 tbsp flax seeds soaked in 4 tbsp water for 15 minutes)
- 115g coconut oil (1/2 cup)
- 170g maple or agave (1/2 cup)
- 120g or 120ml plant milk (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 155g oat flour (1 + 3/4 cup)
- 32g cocoa/cacao powder (1/3 cup)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 80g choc chips (1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C
- 2. Soak the flax seeds in water and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- 3. Mash the bananas in a large bowl and combine all the wet ingredients up to the plant milk (use a blender if lumpy)
- 4. Stir in the flax egg once thick. Add the oat flour and raising agents in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- 5. Once the batter is smooth, split the batter into 2 bowls. In 1 bowl add the cocoa powder, and the other stir in the peanut butter.
- 6. Line a loaf baking tray, and spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate mix into tin, followed by 2 tbsp of peanut butter mix. Keep alternating until you run out of mix. Then cover with chocolate chips
- 7. Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes and slice. Once cool drizzle in extra peanut butter topping.
- This is my favourite ever banana bread recipe! You NEEEEED to try this!
- It’s super easy, only 1 bowl needed, and made with simple kitchen cupboard ingrediens.
- I love this warm, fresh out of the oven and drizzled in a little extra peanut butter. The texture is heaven, and the choco peanut butter swirls just melt in your mouth! You can swap peanut butter for any nut butter
- Beetroot isn’t necessary for this recipe but works as a beautiful pink natural colouring, a fibre boost to your breakfast and a great source of folic acid!